cssa: you’re invited

Are you ready to show off your finished skirt(s) for the Circle Skirt Sew-Along party? I am so excited to see what all the circle skirts look like! Last time we did a sew-along I used a link-widget to add your links to the list. But this time I’d love to do a show-and-tell type post with selected pictures of your creation featured here! Please read the following if you’d like to participate, as there is a deadline for submissions.

1. Send me an email with link (no attachments, please) to your finished circle skirt photos. (This can be to just the images or a blog post.)
  2. Please include a few lines about your skirt: inspiration, materials, construction, etc. (Please know I may edit these a bit for length in the final post).
  3. In the email please specify how you’d like your name to appear in the CSSA Party post, as well as a link to your blog (if applicable).
  4. All submissions for the CSSA Party must be received no later than Saturday, October 8 at 12pm (EST). That gives you nearly a week to get these in, which will hopefully be more than enough time!

Submissions will be compiled into a post that will go live October 17. Please feel free to share on your own blog about your skirt and a link back to the party post as well!

I know I still have to post about the petticoat, but please don’t let that stop you from sharing your finished skirt pictures! It seems like most of you have finished your skirts, and I don’t want to wait too long to do the CSSA Party.

Can’t wait to see your pictures! Let me know if you have any questions about participating in this!

October 3, 2011 · 10 lovely thoughts
posted in sewing · tags:

Littlefoot October 3, 2011 at 10:01

Yikes… I had better get a move on!!!! :O

It was all going well till I discovered a hoard of family photos dating back to 1912! Since then I’ve been busy researching my family tree and trying to put names to faces… Why didn’t my family label their pics? *sigh*

Right… I am not going to miss my first sew-along party! Better go oil my machine! lol

Olivia October 3, 2011 at 10:50

I can’t wait to see all of the skirts! :)

Frances October 3, 2011 at 10:56

I didn’t participate in this one, but I can’t wait to see the creations of everyone who did! I’ll surely join in on the next sew-along, so make it a good one! ^_^

Lucha Lovely October 3, 2011 at 11:18

What email address should we send the link to? I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!

Vicki Kate October 3, 2011 at 13:01

Ooh. Can’t wait to see everyone’s skirts! I need help getting my hem marked, which will hopefully get done tomorrow and then it’s just a ‘bit’ of hand hemming. Why are husband’s so uncooperative about helping with that sort of thing?!

Jesslyn October 3, 2011 at 14:08

Almost done! My horsehair braid hasn’t arrived yet. :( Excited for the petticoat posts!

Amy October 4, 2011 at 10:58

My hem has been pinned and just needs to be sewn. I definitely want to be there for the party!

Jesslyn October 5, 2011 at 15:16

Question – are you going to post the petticoat tutorial before our Oct. 7 deadline? I’d like to submit my picture with the petticoat. Or will you extend the Oct. 7 deadline?